Stress levels are high worldwide right now. With people terrified about the well-being of their loved ones and the economy. So many in my area have offered help to those who are housebound, whether with groceries, dog walking, errands etc. However this has lead to a few horrific cases where the vulnerable have actually been scammed, with some low-life's taking their money and never returning. So now EVERYBODY is even more wary and rightfully so. Helping has became a lot harder for those who genuinely want to do some good.
However, maybe if we put our heads together we as individuals could think up some ways that together, could make a huge difference, whether today or in the future. We need to outnumber these scumbags, so the world has more helpers and less selfish idiots.
As an introvert I've came up with some ideas to lift people's spirits during isolation without risk of spreading illness. But it's not nearly enough. I'll share my ideas and please add yours to the comments, together we may be able to make a difference.
As we have technology, we have endless possibilities for people struggling mentally with isolation.
- Teach the elderly to use basic technology and create safe forums or social media groups (heavily monitored) so they can discuss their hobbies and interests and combat loneliness.
- Purchase cheap old game consoles such as DS's, Gameboys etc and teach them how to play. This will keep their brains active and distract them. You never know how much they might enjoy what they have never tried.
- We could create board games for each other suited to different demographics, which would fit onto either one A4 or 2 A4 sheets of paper, email them around for each other to print out and play. These could be innocent and simple, or absolutely nuts and hilarious, depending on who they are suited for.
- Writing short stories and again sending them to each other. Perhaps one on going story you send and people add their paragraphs to it.
- Share methods for teaching kids from home. There's so many different ways to teach your children using practical and fun methods and games.
So those are a few of my dumb ideas. If anybody would like to add any please do. Also if you have any more useful ideas on how to actually help in the present time, those would be great to hear. I'm extremely confused by the money situation at the moment, are we better to keep our savings, or will they become useless?
Source: Original link