Hello, we are in a curious situation where we’ve gone back and forth on my partners contract with a new hospital and don’t have it in time for our move. Standard stuff. And are now waiting for the contract to come back- only it’s been 5 weeks for this final round. The last few rounds were week to week.
Catch is, we move tomorrow to the city where this new hospital is (had no choice, our lease was up as her fellowship ended) and we’re getting worried.
The guy in charge of the contract assures my partner it’s coming and legal is just dragging their feet and even referred another new potential employee to her to chat as this new guy was considering the job himself and their department would be small. That was last week.
Her letter of intent is non-binding which has me concerned (the non-binding part was added by my partner, not the hospital)
Anyone else been in this situation? What are our options if we move there and it falls through? We wouldn’t want to stay in that city.
We probably sound like idiots just reading this post but we just ran out of time. And we definitely don’t want to let him know we’re already moving (her start date isn’t for a bit) because it will give him an advantage in contract negotiations
Source: Original link