IM scribe, fortunately the office I currently work for appreciates my input on things outside of my job's description and wanted to know if there are any things that have made your office a better environment, for employees and patients. These are the things that I've suggested/done so far.
1) Created a WiFi for patients (not sure why they never had this)
2) Suggested getting a text messaging service for appointments, current receptionists spend way too much time on the phone just for this.
3) Encouraging patients to use MyChart to communicate with providers, the provider I scribe for doesn't check it much, but I tell the patients to message me and I'll relay the message to him, then respond.
Questions I have
1) Some sort of e-fax scanning system, working at an IM practice, there are tons of faxes that get sent daily that need to be scanned into the EHR, there was someone who did this, but they let him go for whatever reason and I'm not sure if they're hiring a new one, currently our boss is expecting the front desk staff to scan.
2) How do providers do their refills for meds? The current way my provider is doing it seems inefficient; all the home delivery services directly send refill requests to his secretary, then she has to confirm when the last appointment was, then send it to him. I'm not sure why they do this since he can check the last appointment easily on the same screen as the Rx Request.
Source: Original link